samedi 28 mai 2022

Retour prodigue du Foyer de Notre dame de Garaison dans la Petite Boutique Fantasque (8) et le fantôme de Titus

Mad man moon (Genesis)

Was it summer when the river ran dry 
Or was it just another dam 
When the evil of a snowflake in June 
Could still be a source of relief 

O how I love you, I once cried long ago 
But I was the one who decided to go 
To search beyond the final crest 
Though I'd heard it said just birds could dwell so high 

So I pretended to have wings for my arms 
And took off in the air 
I flew to places which the clouds never see 
Too close to the deserts of sand 
Where a thousand mirages, the shepherds of lies 
Forced me to land and take a disguise 
I would welcome a horses kick to send me back 
If I could find a horse not made of sand 

If this deserts all there'll ever be 
Then tell me what becomes of me 

A fall of rain 
That must have been another of your dreams 
A dream of mad man moon 

Hey man 
I'm the sand man 
And boy have I news for you; 
They're gonna throw you in jail 
And you know they can't fail 
Cos sand is thicker than blood 
But a prison in sand 
Is a haven in hell 
For a jail can give you a goal 
[and a] goal can find you a role 
On a muddy pitch in Newcastle 
Where it rains so much 
You can't wait for a touch 

Of sun and sand, sun and sand... 

Within the valley of shadow-less death 
They pray for thunderclouds and rain 
But to the multitude who stand in the rain 
Heaven is where the sun shines 
The grass will be greener till the stems turn to brown 
And thoughts will fly higher till the earth brings them down 
Forever caught in desert lands 
One has to learn to disbelieve the sea 

If this deserts all there'll ever be 
Then tell me what becomes of me 
A fall of rain?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire